Auralia and Musition Cloud can be registered in your school LMS as external tools, allowing you to link tasks in your LMS to tests in Auralia and Musition. Students’ test results will be automatically reported back to your LMS gradebook.
LMS integration with Auralia and Musition uses the LTI standard.
In order to set up integration, please contact us and let us know which LMS system you are using.
- Canvas LMS
- Blackboard Learn
We will then provide you with the necessary security keys. You can also tell us what you call your LMS and we’ll configure our system to refer to your LMS by that name (eg “Springfield High Learning Portal”).
Your LMS administrator will need to register external tools for Auralia and Musition so that you can use them in your courses.
For each of Auralia and Musition we support two different tools:
A task launch connects a task in your LMS with a specific “test” in Auralia or Musition. When you first launch the task from the LMS, you will need to attach it to a test in Auralia or Musition.
The results of the attached test are then reported back to the LMS.
Please refer to this document for details on how to create a task and link to a test.
A practise launch opens Auralia or Musition for general practise. Students can practice any topic but cannot take tests, these must be done via a Task launch.
No results are reported back.
Instructions may be found at the following sites. Please contact your LMS vendor if you need further assistance.
- Canvas LMS
- Blackboard Learn (see below for specific instructions)
- Blackboard Learn SAAS
- School Box
If supported by your LMS, automatically configure from a 'Tool URL' or 'XML URL'. Titles and icons are then provided.
- In Canvas, use the "by URL" configuration method and enter the URL from the table below.
- In Moodle, use "add tool" and enter the URL from the table below.
|Auralia task launch||https://lti.risingsoftware.com/launch/auralia|
|Auralia practise launch||https://lti.risingsoftware.com/launch/auraliaglobal|
|Musition task launch||https://lti.risingsoftware.com/launch/musition|
|Musition practise launch||https://lti.risingsoftware.com/launch/musitionglobal|
Consumer key and shared secret
We will provide these to you by email.
We recommend sharing launcher’s name with the tool, so that you can use the reports in Auralia and Musition for information on your students’ progress. However you may hide the name if you prefer.
If your school is purchasing licences for Auralia and Musition, we do not need your students’ email addresses. However if your students are purchasing licences directly, sharing their email address with us will simplify the purchasing process.
In Blackboard Learn, you must share the user’s role in course.
Launch Behaviour / Container
A new window / tab is recommended to maximize the amount of available screen space, but embedded is supported.
In Schoology, when adding the external tools, set "Match By" to "URL" .
In Blackboard Learn, the tools must be registered as follows:
- Ensure LTI is turned on globally as a course tool in System Admin -> Tools and Utiliites -> Tools -> LTI.
- Register the provider domain in System Admin -> Integrations -> LTI Tool Providers -> Register Provider Domain.
- Use provider domain lti.risingsoftware.com
- Default configuration: set globally, enter the key and shared secret provided.
- Instituition policies: send user data only over SSL, send fields role, name and email.
- Create placements for each of the four tools listed above.
- Select the lti.risingsoftware.com domain from the tool/provider list and manage placements from the menu.
- Select Create Placement
- Add the tool name as the label
- For the handle, we recommend auralia-task, auralia-practice, musition-task and musition-practice. The handle is not important but Blackboard requires each tool to have a unique setting.
- For the Practice tools, set the Type to Course tool. This will make the Practice tool available from the Tools menu in your courses.
- For the Task tools, set the Type to Course content tool, and enable "allows grading". This will make the Task tool available for your instructors to make content within their courses.
Instructors can now use the tools within their courses.
In D2L, the tools must be registered as follows, also please checkout our D2L video.
- Open up "Manage Tool Providers"
- Create a new Tool Provider - lti.risingsoftware.com
- Add the Secret and Key that we have supplied
- Most people enable all the checkboxes in the Security Settings
- Ensure that it's available for the required courses
- Open "Manage External Learning Tools Links"
- Add a Link for Auralia practise launch with details as above under 'Tool URL'
- Add a Link for Musition practise launch with details as above under 'Tool URL'
- Under Security Settings, check 'Use tool provider security settings'
To create a task where the results return to the Gradebook, instructors need to go to Content and add an "Existing Activity -> External Learning Tools" and then scroll down to "Create New LTI Link'. They will need to add the 'task launch URL' and a Grading Item to the D2L activity, so that the results will appear in the gradebook.
At this stage there is no simpler way to have 'Task Launches' created.