When you are practising, Auralia and Musition play questions using a MIDI device. In most cases, this is built into your computer, however, you may also use external MIDI devices such as keyboards and soundmodules.
If you can’t hear any sound, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Open the Settings / Sound / Playback screen
- Choose your MIDI Output Device from those listed under the box ‘MIDI Output Device’, the ‘Built-in synthesizer’ is going to work 99.99% of the time!
- Choose your Sound Device
- Open the Administration / Sounds and Pictures / Playback menu.
- Ensure that the box ‘Enable MIDI output’ is checked
- Choose your MIDI Output Device from those listed under the box ‘MIDI Output Device’
Press on the ‘Test MIDI Playback’ and ‘Test Speakers’ buttons to test your choices. If you don’t hear any sound try another device.
If you continue to have problems please lodge a support request.